Wounded Chindit

Wounded Chindit

Friday 31 March 2017

Airborne 6 pdr gun

I think it's finally dawned on me why I'm spending less time on my blog (though painting time is still about the same) and the answer is forge of empires. I need to cut back on that and refocus my attention. Easier said than done.

The 6 pdr (57mm) was first used in 1942 and was used into the 50's. The airborne version had a modified carriage.
PeterPig do a nice model in their WW2 range. I've painted 3 with crew and a tow for each as support for my Para force.





Next up should be the first of 3 platoons.

Take care all.


4 comments:

  1. Great looking guns, and nice bases...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil - still issues with picture taking on my tablet. The colour on the rubble and wood is a lot better and vetoed in the flesh.

      Delete
  2. That's a nice bit of additional punch to the unit, great job Dan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the Paras need that extra punch with only piats and no tank support. Thanks Michael.

    ReplyDelete